Приветствую Вас Гость
Главная

Вход

RSS

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Архив - только для чтения
Модератор форума: JOBE, eastprince, Arond  
Форум » Форум об игре Age of Wonders - Shadow Magic » Сетевая игра » Нужны добровольцы для перевода PBEM Wrapper'а на русский
Нужны добровольцы для перевода PBEM Wrapper'а на русский
DavespiceДата: Четверг, 28 Июля 2011, 18:36 | Сообщение # 1
Путешественник
Награды: 0
Статус: Offline
Dear all;

I hope the title of this post came out okay! I have done some more work to the Age of Wonders Email Wrapper to allow the program UI to be translated into any language. Currently I have translations for Spanish, Greek, German and Polish. I should be getting a French one soon but I would really like to include a Russian translation with the next release.

I have already asked Hellbrick and Oleg if they could help but it looks like they don't have enough time spare. The amount to be translated is not a lot, it's about 100 single words or phrases - I have it all in an Excel sheet so it's easy to follow.

If anyone would like to help, it would be very much appreciated.
Dave (UK)

Davespice

HellBrickДата: Четверг, 28 Июля 2011, 19:55 | Сообщение # 2
The lamplighter
Dave забыл сделать самое главное: дать линк на google doc с переводом. Можно даже не переводить всё сразу, а понемногу дописывать при наличии желания/времени)

Ветряные мельницы побеждены. Что дальше?

http://twitter.com/hellbrick

DavespiceДата: Пятница, 29 Июля 2011, 14:08 | Сообщение # 3
Путешественник
Бриллиант! Спасибо. Когда она может быть закончена? smile

If you are not sure of the English meanings of certain things perhaps you could put a * next to them and I can write some text in to better explain?

Davespice

Сообщение отредактировал Davespice - Пятница, 29 Июля 2011, 14:11

HellBrickДата: Пятница, 29 Июля 2011, 15:42 | Сообщение # 4
The lamplighter
The problem here is not understanding meanings of things: I downloaded Wrapper and it's pretty obvious what different UI elements do. Naming things in another language while keeping UI-style, meaning and traditional term translations is hard, at least for me.

DavespiceДата: Понедельник, 01 Августа 2011, 16:38 | Сообщение # 5
Путешественник
I know what you mean, Russian is your primary langauge though isn't it? You don't have to worry about the length of sentences or words - I have made changes to the Wrapper to allow it to deal with any lengths.

I am also quite happy to give you free reign over naming of tabs and buttons etc, what is most important is that the meaning of the phrase or word is understood by the user. For example;

All these phrases could be used for the 'Incoming Email' tab;
Incoming Email
Inward Email
Receiving Email
Downloading Email

I've had translations in French, German, Spanish, Polish and Greek so far and none of them have had this issue... I wonder if it is because Russian is so fundamentally different from all European languages?

I really would like to include a Russian translation, but if it is going to be too much trouble for people - no one will be allowed to complain that there is no Russian translations biggrin , I am doing my best to obtain one from the AOW community, I can't really do much else other than pay for a professional to do it for me.

Because the Wrapper is intended to be a free program I don't have that as an option sad

To quote pricess leah from Star Wars "Help me Obi Wan Kanobi you're my only hope!" happy

Davespice

Сообщение отредактировал Davespice - Понедельник, 01 Августа 2011, 16:44

HellBrickДата: Понедельник, 01 Августа 2011, 18:03 | Сообщение # 6
The lamplighter
I can compare with English only, since it's the only other language I know, but Russian language sucks for technical stuff and UI. I have about 1-2 localized programs installed on my PC - that kinda speaks for itself =)

Do you have a deadline on translation process? I can finish it pretty fast if needed, though result will obviously suck =)

DavespiceДата: Понедельник, 01 Августа 2011, 18:13 | Сообщение # 7
Путешественник
No I don't have a deadline, as I am still waiting on some other languages to arrive. What I have been doing with everyone else is getting their translations, loading the Wrapper in that language and sending back screen shots of what it looks like. That way people can send me corrections where things look slightly out of place or grammatically/contextually wrong. This has worked pretty well so far,

So I am quite happy to go around a few attempts of this if you want to?

Davespice

HellBrickДата: Понедельник, 01 Августа 2011, 18:21 | Сообщение # 8
The lamplighter
Well, I have to finish the translation to begin with. I'll contact you when I the first draft is ready, and we'll see what to do from there. Btw, do you use any IM service or email is the way to go?

DavespiceДата: Понедельник, 01 Августа 2011, 18:29 | Сообщение # 9
Путешественник
I am on gmail chat most of the time during the day david[dot]honess[at]gmail[dot]com

Davespice

Форум » Форум об игре Age of Wonders - Shadow Magic » Сетевая игра » Нужны добровольцы для перевода PBEM Wrapper'а на русский
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: